Thursday, October 27, 2005

Belated update

Yes I know - you have all probably had a look at the date of my last post and thought - "wow he has been lazy - not updating his blog for xx number of weeks". Do I have an excuse? Yes. Is it valid? Nope.

In terms of exciting things which have happened since my last post - I dont have much to report. I have been working pretty hard, but keep getting reminded that it will get busier still as this year end comes up. None-the-less I think I am starting to become a little more comfortable with the work that I'm doing, however it will be a while still until I feel like I have a complete handle on things.

Rick has been awesome, having me round to his house on weekends, keeping me out of mischief, helping with my sanity! Ted, the IT guy from work, has been really good too - I have been round to his place a few times too.

Thanksgiving was a couple of weeks back (for some reason Canada and the US have different dates for thanksgiving - no idea why!) and I went to Ted's house and had dinner with them. Peggy also had a dinner on the Friday night, which was awesome.

Everyone seems to be getting all excited about halloween now here, with decorations going up all over the place. I guess it must be one of those things that you grow up being excited about. I may be going to some party at someone from work's house this weekend, which should be interesting!

I am heading home to Zimbabwe in December (the 14th for all you interested people) and thats getting pretty close now. I am so excited to be able to see my family and friends. Not so sure about being excited about being back in the country, but y'know its still home no matter what happens to it...

No comments: