Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Windy City


I've just been in Chicago for a couple of days for SAP training, which went really well. I only got told on Friday that it would be happening, so I booked my flights and got here on Monday. Its been really awful weather the entire time, but was still good to see another city. The people here seem really friendly and helpful, which I have to admit was a bit of a surprise. I had a good time and met up with a collegue from Calgary and we went for a few drinks on one of the nights. We headed down to the beach which was a little surreal as you are surrounded by skyscrapers, yet you are on a sandy beach with waves and all.



There was apparently a bit of a weather problem yesterday, so my flight was cancelled, and the airline I was booked on has a clause that they are not liable for anything if they cancel a flight. All of the hotels in Chicago were full, so I ended up going to hotel in a little hole of a town 50km away. I'm sitting in the airport again today and my flight has been delayed 3 times already, who knows if I will get back to Winnipeg today. Its very frustrating because if I knew then I would just head to the office and get some work done. There is a lot to do, and when people see how little I have gotten done this week there will be questions.


Update:
So I got back to Winnipeg on Wednesday night only to find that they lost my bag en route. Seems as though that entire trip was jst doomed from the get go... I got my bag back from the airline only on Thursday night, and I am flying to Calgary on Friday!!

No comments: