Saturday, September 16, 2006

The City with the BIG mall

Well its been a little bit since I last updated this, and I've done a bit since. Last week but one I was in Edmonton for a few days for an audit. It was my first time across there, so I was quite eager to see what it was all about. I landed there only to be greeted with a rather dismal baggage collection area, undettered I headed downtown to my hotel. My hotel was downtown, and to my dismay after 5:45pm Edmonton downtown becomes Edmonton ghosttown. I spent a couple of days there and found a couple of places that were open.

On my last night there I headed down to West Edmonton Mall, which reputedly is the biggest mall in the world or something like that. Those who know me, know that I do not like shopping at all so I guess going there was a bit of a waste on me. It is massive and rather impressive overall (Indoor rollercoaster, wavepool and icehockey rink amongst others), but certainly not something that would bring me back to Edmonton as an attraction.

On my last day I headed down to the airport (boy is it far from Edmonon - about 50 minutes away, I think its over 40km away) and the departure lounge, thank goodness is much nicer than the arrivals. I then caught a quick flight down to Calgary (it was quicker in the air to Calgary than it was to drive from Edmonton to the airport, the flight is only 43 minutes).

No comments: