Monday, February 05, 2007

Greetings from the Frigid North

Ok - it was darn cold on Sunday when I took this picture, and its still pretty cold outside... Welcome to Winterpeg!

I know I have not updated this in too long a time, and I do plan to do long posts on the happenings since I last posted - here's a tidbit of the story that is me:

I flew from the UK (albeit delayed) to Johanesburg, to be met by a whole bunch of friends, travelled down to a little town called Gingindlovu (near Durban) for Scott's wedding, which was incredible! Got to spend some quality time with friends, on the beach, relaxing.

Drove up with the mates to Zim (going through Beitbridge border post, which all Zimbo's/South Africans out there will know - is hell especially just before Christmas).

Spent Christmas with family, got to spend quality time with my folks, who I really miss a lot!!

Went up to Lake Kariba on a houseboat with 12 other friends for New Years. Caught some sun, had some fun, relaxed. Got back to Harare and jumped on a plane the next day to chilly Winterpeg.

Upon getting back to Winterpeg, I ascertained that it was a bit lonely after being with all the people I love back home, so organised a couple of weeks ago to fly across to Calgary for the weekend to spend time with Jen & Adam and Henry. Went skiing in Banff (getting better at that now) and just chillaxed with the Canadian crew!

That brings us to now, when it is darned cold outside (I may have mentioned), it was -40 this morning going to work, and that was just insane.

Alan (one of my best buds from school) is across in Dallas for a couple of months so we are trying to organise a suitable weekend for us to meet up in Vegas... (I know a couple of people out there will be jealous, and I apologise now) We will see which weekend it ends up being, but I am very keen, if only to get out of this frigid wasteland for a couple of days!

Write to me!

Geoff/mort out.

3 comments:

Gurly239 said...

dude! your going to vegas? yes I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Well little cousin, you can relax as it is very hot and humid here down under in little old New Zealand. Good to see you alive and well, from what we can see of you under all that clothing. Drop us a line sometime and enjoy Vegas.
Rgds
Dave & Jo

Scott said...

G'day Mort!:)

Shotalot for making the effort to get to the thriving metropolis that is Ging for megs and my wedding. Was really great to see you (and the other Zim reprobates) again - just wish I didn't have so much other stuff on the go at the time so could have spent some more time with you guys! Sure it must be a big adjustment getting back to freezing Canada. If it makes you feel any better, it's uncomfortably hot here in Melbourne - 35 degrees, and set to get up to 38 on Saturday - woohoo!

Keep in comms old chap!

Scott