Thursday, July 19, 2007

News from the land up North

Hi all, well this is a long overdue update, and I really have no reasonable excuse!

I'm doing well and continue moving onward (and hopefully upward) with my Canadian experience!

Most of my travel has been to Calgary in the past few months, although I managed to travel to Dallas for work once. As for work, it's been busy, but that's good for keeping me out of nonesense...

I got my license a few weeks back, and am currently looking for a car, which is no easy feat, with a large portion of the cars being American - and I really don't know them at all! I'll probably end up getting a Honda or Toyota.

I'm slowly starting to make friends here, but it has not been easy going... Being mobile will make a big difference I suspect.

I'm hopefully coming home for Christmas and New Year, which will be awesome as I am really missing eveyone back home!
The pic is from a baseball game I was at this past weekend - the Winnipeg Goldeyes. I'd love to get my folks out here so they can experience these things... That's something I'm working on, but still have a few obstacles to overcome as yet.

This week I started the ball rolling for permanent residency here, as the goal is to be rid of the "curse of the green mamba" as soon as possible!

As always I love hearing from people, so give me a shout sometime!

Until next time, this is Geoff signing off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Geoff, congrats on starting your process of residency. Good to see you been to watch some baseball, we been watching a lot here via satellite the next day for us anyways.

Hope you do enjoy your trip home, we are going to try and head for SA next year, so iff any of the family read this be warned.

Take care and chat soon,

Regards

David Jo Brendan and Natsha