Thursday, August 18, 2005

My Vancouver visit

So this past weekend I went to Vancouver. I flew in on the Sunday afternoon and I walked around a bit and it seems like a very pretty city, but it has that big city feel. Y'know! I went there for training so the next two days were perty boring! It was mostly irellevant to me and I feel I got VERY LITTLE out of it. Anyways, I got to the see the city.

Monday night was awesome coz my Great Aunt Thea just happened to be in town from the UK for a conference. I hadnt seen her since I was like 10!!! We went out to dinner and just chatted, and it was really really kewl. She is such a nice person to chat to! She's like 83, but only in body (and thats only her back which makes her bend over), she is still a vibrant interesting person when you chat to her. So that was great, I look forward to seeing her again if I can next year if/when I go visit the Uk.

On the last night we went out as a group to some restuarant, which was kewl, had a very nice meal then some few beers. The partner then decided it was time for him to make an exit, but apparently when partners make an exit here it doesnt necessarily mean they stop paying... He told someone that they should continue paying and he would approve the expense claim... So we went from there to some pool lounge and had a pool tourney....

It was kewl coz we had Canada vs the rest of the world (there were a lot of immigrants there)Now any of you who have played against me in pool know that I can play, but not what you would call good.. Then how is it that team Zimbabwe/China won the whole thing!!?

So that was great and then one guy and I decide to walk home now, it is only apparently a few blocks away. So as we are walking he recognises this club that his mate works in, and yeah we get in for free there, felt v good coz there was a long queue of people to get in the door!! So it was quite a nice club, pretty girls, alright music. We had two drinks there and then left, it was pretty late by now and I had a flight at like 7 in the morning!!

Well thats about it - not much time for sightseeing etc, but its a great place, and definitely somewhere I would like to visit for longer and get to see more fully.

No comments: