Friday, June 24, 2005

Update

I went to watch a baseball game last saturday, which was really good fun actually. I had watched a couple back in Zim when I was very young (coz my Dad was a baseball pitcher back in his day - he played for Rhodesia and for Eastern Province). The local team is called the Goldeyes (its some fish apparently). Anyways they won against a Kansas City team (as you can guess they are not in the major leagues!)

On Sunday I flew in to Calgary to see Jen (my friend from Zim) and she is well. I got to meet her boyfriend, Adam, who is really great! So I just had a day visit there and spent time with them and went to a formal doo thing with them too. Looking forward to when I get to go to Calgary for work as I will be able to hang with them a bit!

This week has been a bit of a non-event in terms of things to write - it got REALLY hot on Wed and Thur and then rained on Thursday evening. When I say really hot I mean it was probably 28/29 degrees C, but the humidity was unreal - I have never experienced anything like that - even at the coast!!! On Wednesday night I hardly slept it was so hot - my entire bed was soaked in the morning! So I am starting to see what the whole story with the summers here is like. Now just gotta wait for the winter......

No real plans for this coming weekend tho - just gonna do the domestic thing and clean my appartment and all that... Might go shopping for some more stuff that I have realised I need. So much fun hey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, you know you are living in the real world when things like a new frying pan seem exciting...

Get yourself a fan, we did and it was going for most of last week! Summer in the UK is also very muggy, so even 25 degC can be unpleasant. A fan moves all that still, heavy air around and helps a lot, especially when you want to sleep!

Anonymous said...

What happened to the aircon in your apartment? Or is that there just for show?? Kristy's thought about a fan is a good one - just circulating the air helps.
Glad you enjoyed the ball game - any hankering to go out and throw a ball after seeing that?? You always had a good arm, and I think you'd quite enjoy it. Alternatively, see if the firm (or someone else) has a social 'slow-pitch' softball team - sure you'd enjoy it - particularly as those tend to be mixed teams.....