Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Typed in Winnipeg Airport, on my way to Calgary

Well, I am typing this while sitting in the airport waiting for my flight as it has been delayed! No internet access that I have found yet, so jst cracked open my laptop and thought I had better update my blog. By the way in case you dont realise why I am in the airport I am going to Calgary for about 4 weeks for work. Doing a SOX audit for a major Cable and Comms company there. I will also be there for Stampede (which I explained in another blog post). I was being told different things for the past couple of weeks as to whether I would or wouldnt be going to the Stampede - and well now I am - got my ticket in hand - my room at the Sheraton (yeah yeah I know I am totally spoilt) reserved and I am there!!!

Let me think - what has happened since I last updated this - well we have had Canada day this past Friday (1 July)! Was pretty kewl - everyone here is so patriotic!! Well it seems like that anyways! The main street just near me (Osborne Road) was closed off for a couple of days and there was just a massive street party going on for all hours (yeah I could hear it all going on at about 3 in the morning - but it was not keeping me awake - couldnt sleep for some reason) So I went to that the one night - and yeah everyone seemed to be having a great time - they had bands playing at different points down the street and yeah a good time was just had by all!

Oh right - the night before Canada Day I went to a Karaoke evening with Peg, her daughter, Unity, and Peg's best friend and fiance. Yeah I was not keen to do any songs as my last experience was in the Bull & Bush in Botswana and it was nothing I want to be reminded of. I did end up helping both Unity and Peg out with their songs so I did get up on the stage and it wasnt that bad - so next time I go to a Karaoke evening I will probably get up and sing!

This past Saturday I spent helping Peg (my relocation agent - but more jst a mate here) move into her new appartment (which jst happens to be in the same building as me!!!) So that was a very tiring day, but we got it done - still the main work is still ahead of her with unpacking all the boxes etc!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well what can i say but "yeah" Geoff!