Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The first weekend

Well this weekend I spent quite a bit of time at Rick's place on Fri and
Sat, and well thats when I sent the group email you saw in the previous
post. That is such a welcoming family, you have to see it to believe it!

On Sunday, I woke up a little bit early, in anticipation of going to the 9am
church service at a Presby church a few blocks away. I walked and walked
and walked, but to no avail! I could not find this church for love or
money. So I started my walk back and stopped at a Starbucks. They are big
into "building" their own coffees here, which I was not brave enough to try
and so I just took something off the menu. Pretty good nonetheless!

Then, as I was walking back, I saw another church just around the corner
from me who had services at 11. So I went to that service, which was very
pleasant, a bit too happy-clappy for me (which I didnt think I would say).

I was then reading the entertainment mag in my room and found that the
Ballet was having a matinee on Sunday afternoon. I decided to head to that,
and found it was actually not all that bad! Added to that the audience was
mainly just chicks as well (smile)!

On my way home I thought I would explore the downtown area (Its not actually
that bad an area in case anyone was beginning to worry a little) and I
walked a v long way. Most shops were closed however, being 5:30 in the eve
on a Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, i kept scrolling down this post thinking i'd get to the part where you say 'then i met this girl who asked me why i was walking so aimlessly by myself and then...'

Anyway, keep up the work with the blog dude. really exciting reading and should i say, a little inspiring...

Anonymous said...

Hey man henry is right unfortunately the fact that the ballet is filled with ladies means that any men there they are automatically going to assume is gay, so if you using that to pick up chicks i think you might need to rethink your strategy, from FAT BOY