Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The May Long Weekend

This past weekend (incl Monday) was a long weekend - not quite sure what for (Memorial Day or something like that)!

As you have read in previous posts here I have an appartment; well that means I then needed to furnish it - hence what I did on Saturday! I went shopping with Peggy, who has been really great I might add, and we started at the one store, but the salesman was really pushy and they didnt really have the range of furniture I was hoping for. I ended up going to "The Brick", another furniture store, and buying everything there. I spent quite a bit of money as furniture is ridiculously priced here (I mean totally over the top priced compared to other things like electrical goods and clothes etc). I managed to get the following:

  • A sofa - which is really nice - its beige and SO comfortable - but was out of stock and will only be delivered in about 5 weeks.
  • A bed - Queen size - which is also really comfy - and it came with a free 24" TV, DVD player, and digi cam - so finally I shall be able to post pictures for those of you who have been asking for pics!!
  • A single chair and ottoman(sp) - its all kind of colour co-ordinated so it looks ok - this is just to sit in until my sofa comes!
  • A table and chairs - its a glass top, and the colours also all kind of go.

So the above came to a ridiculous amount - but it had to be done and well from here I can just buy slowly slowly and build up my collection of stuff.

Then on Sunday I was picked up by Rick after church and I went round to his place. We went to the park and flew a couple of kites with his one son, Paulo. That was really fun, as I have not flown a kite properly for quite a while.

Yesterday (Monday) Rick picked me up in the morning and I joined his family on a trip to the beach!! Yes, Winnipeg has a beach! Its on Lake Winnipeg, so it is not an ocean beach, but its pretty darn good none-the-less! We had a picnic out there and the kids had an awesome time making sand castles and everything. The water was pretty chilly, but bearable! It was Rick's family's first time out there as well, and I think a good time was enjoyed by all.

No comments: