Sunday, May 15, 2005

untitled due to lack of inspiration

Its not as bad as the title describes! Its Sunday afternoon and none of the plans which I had have actually materialised...

I was meant to head to that barbeque yesterday - if you look further down in my posts you will probably find that... But the weather was shocking and as it was an outdoors thing it was cancelled! :(

None-the-less Peggy still picked me up for a bit of a look around for an appartment. We went and had coffee and looked through the papers etc.. There is so much on the market, it is going to be difficult to decide on where I should live... Also quite a few deciding factors like accessability to main bus routes and large shops (as the smaller shops are generally a lot more expensive). We will have to see what I can organise though!

Then today I went to the same church just around the corner from me - and it is fine - nothing to make me too worried about their theology just yet - and well the people are pretty friendly!

Peggy's daughter, Unity, was going to take me around town today a bit on the buses jst to show me the town from that point of view, but she had to cancel coz her dad needed her for something or other... I'll be heading with Rick an his fam to a fair in a bit - which should be fun!

I read a short book this weekend - and when I say short it took me like 1 hour, which shows you how short it is - called "Who moved my Cheese". Its a very simple story, but definitely worth the read! It talks about 4 characters who are like mouse size and how they deal with their cheese supply being moved (basically changes in life). Its well written and very easy reading - I would recommend it to anyone to read if they have a chance! I actually have an electronic copy of it so if anyone would like that just email me and I'll send it to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

book recommendations:
Getting things done - David Allen
Love is the Killer App - Tim Sanders