Friday, July 29, 2005

Back to Reality?!?

Well this afternoon I am flying back to Winnipeg, which will actually be a welcome return. It has been absolutely AWESOME spending time in Calgary, spending time with Jen and Adam, but in a strange sort of way it is time to get back to some sort of familiarity, and I have to say that Winnipeg is the closest thing that I have in Canada to that!!

I went to a South African restaurant with Jen, Adam and a couple of their friends last night. It is called Jabulani (which means celebrate or something like that). It was soooo great, I had a starter with biltong and driewors, then had boerewors and pap/sadza, all the meantime sipping on a Castle... Very nostalgic time for me! So much so that on the way we managed to find a liquor store which stocked Castle, and I bought a 6-pack to take back with me to Winnipeg!

Its gonna be weird getting back to my appartment, I will have laundry to do that I left, I wont have any food in the house, I will have to vacuum etc etc... I sound far too domesticated don't I!!!

Got so many things to sort out when I get back too, like sorting out a savings account so that I can facilitate savings for when I get back to Zim... Also got the bills to pay, and just sorting out the work on that side!! Its all good tho!!

No comments: