Tuesday, July 25, 2006

San Fran conclusion

Well I'm back in Winnipeg now, and realised I hadnt concluded on my posts about San Francisco! Well the rest of the time there was basically spent in training, which was actually not that bad as training goes. I was relatively impressed with it overall. Oh and in case anyone was concerned, I got my bag back from Air Canada on Monday night, so everything turned out ok in the end!

On the Monday evening we went to dinner as a group to a "Hawaiian fusion" restaurant, which was actually really good. It is just across the road from the office. On Tuesday, a couple of guys from Calgary and I went to a really good sushi restaurant near the Golden Gate park. I am really beginning to appreciate sushi more now, even though I would still call myself an amature!

On Wednesday night most people flew out to their respective home cities, however there was NO WAY a few of us would be able to get flights all the way home leaving after 5pm on the West coast. So a few of us went to go and see the rest of the sites of San Francisco. We went to see the Golden Gate Bridge (which BTW is amazing when u stand on it - it is SOOO massive) the Bay Bridge (another of the big bridges around San Fran), Lombard street (the crookedest street in the world) and the Coit tower (a tower from which you can see most of the city, but it was closed by the time we got there - remember we did all this in ONE evening). I will have to post pictures, as those will definitely describe themselves better than I could with words.

The flight home, contrary to most people's expectations after reading about my trip there, was rather uneventful - no delays or lost luggage and generally no issues at all (its a good 7 hours on the plane, which most people would complain bitterly about, but I know better after my trip home to Zim).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am more than a bit envious - incredible everything you are getting to see & do. Glad that you managed to see G/Gate bridge & Lombard street - look forward to the pix. Exciting news from your call last night - hope it all works out!!