Monday, July 17, 2006

The time has come

So I'm waiting in the airport, its a beautiful Saturday morning, the weather is awesome, people are smiling, the squirrels are doing their thing, and I am heading to San Francisco (Yeah I know, I think I said I was going to LA in a previous post, but I didnt pay much attention to whether it was San Fran, LA, San Diego or Timbuktoo)

I have to fly through Calgary for this, and it I think the travel person at EY booked everything a bit too tight, as the flight to Calgary is running 10/15 minutes late, so who knows if I will actually make my onward flight... <sigh> Nothing to worry about, its out of my control, so going to get on board and enhoy the flight!

I just overheard some Canadians here who were complaining bitterly that they now had to use passports to travel to the US, because only recently did the US impose this requirement - before they just had to present their drivers license or some other form of identification... I really felt like tapping them on the shoulder and telling them all the hassle that I have to go through to travel anywhere! I didn't as they likely would not be able to begin to comprehend!


Ah well I think I am being called to board now, so I'm going to sign off for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Brits are the same. One of my mates went to Bulgaria recently and moaned because she actually had to get a stamp in her passport! Meanwhile it would take me 8 weeks and hundreds of £s to get a visa for just about anywhere! Bloody whingers, they haven't got a clue, have they?!